All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My Girl Cassy!

I woke up this morning in a fog. I was extremely tired, but since I am trying to step up my yoga game, I had to get my butt in a downdog very quickly. During my relaxation pose, I thought of all the things I am grateful for. The first person that came to mind was mom, but then I thought how my cousin Cassy always makes me laugh. She is my best friend, my ace, my homie. The person who I would "go to the mattresses" for. (This is from the movie, The Godfather). We usually talk at least 2 times a day. Since I moved from Houston to DC, I know she misses me just as much as I miss her. Thank goodness for unlimited long distance phone service plans. Sometimes we are venting to each other, but other times it's to catch up. She has always been there for me. Through good, bad, ups and downs, thick and thin, sick and sin. Last night, we had another of our famous laugh phone calls. Usually, we say something funny, then we continue to expound on how funny it truly is, and then the belly aches start coming. I think of my nephews and how I love the sound of a child laughing. The uncomplicated joy of feeling that nothing in the world could ever make you feel bad. The laughs are deep and guttural. I can actually feel my jaws hurt from smiling and laughing. Once we get off the phone the smile stayed. I continued to smile the rest of evening. I am grateful for laughter and a really great lip gloss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home