All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thank Goodness for Beauty Week

I come home yesterday to find a package waiting for me. My anticipation had been burning since last week. I was waiting on my package from Neiman Marcus for Beauty Week. If you don't know by now, Beauty Week is specifically designed to introduce new Spring and Fall makeup to customers. One reason why I love this week is because with every $85 purchase, which is easy to do at Neimans, you receive a cute tote bag. I love coming home with new makeup, especially when it's delivered. One of the best items in my lot is my Trish McEvoy Wild Blueberry Vanilla candle. At $40, I know that it's expensive. But the scent is so intoxicating that it's worth it. Think of all the inexpensive candles, that don't smell at all, that we choose to buy, but then continue to buy more to get a scent that never comes. Stop buying those and buy this one. It is all you need. I am thankful that you don't have to burn it but 30 minutes and your entire home, smells like a Mediterranean palace. This candle truly is definitely All About The Pretty. Yes, my home is a palace, all 819 square feet of it. I love my personal space. As females we must all try to make our homes our sanctuary. So when you return home after a hard day at work, you can walk in and just bask in the happiness that we do have a home, no matter how small. I realize that I have been fortunate and blessed to be a woman, born in the U.S., because we you come into the knowledge of how women across the world have no civil, political or any type of reproductive rights. I am blessed. We are all blessed. Top 5 Beauty Items I am Really Loving Right Now:
  1. Estee Lauder More Than Mascara in Black (I love mascara and thanks to my parents have long lashes, but this mascara makes them look like spider legs. Love it, love it, love it.)
  2. Avon Top Coat Definition Super Shiny Lip Gloss (This is under $6 bucks and smells good and super clear. It really adds the shine)
  3. Trish McEvoy Glycolic Face Wash (what can I say, I love me some Trish. As my girl, Tanya says "I would buy toilet paper from Trish because she is such the Lady") [Use sparingly and only leave on for 20 seconds because if you don't know glycolic is acid.]
  4. Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Chocolate Shimmer. This is a great contour shadow, it looks good on all skin tones and makes the eyes pop especially in the crease.
  5. Laura Mercier Lip Gloss in Amber Rose. Referred by my girl in the lip gloss conglomerate, Sheryl. I know my brown skin sisters in beauty will think that this color won't look good. Trust me. My cousin Cassy did and now she is hooked. Start with a dark lip liner, nothing beats MAC Chestnut. Blend well. Lip gloss does not look good with dark lip liner and light lip gloss. So 1985. Top with the Avon Top Coat and go. Truly Beautimous.

May the Lip Gloss Be With You and All Things in Your Life Be Pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home