All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Monday, March 20, 2006

It's Spring!

It's officially spring and young ladies fancy to turn to . . . New makeup and clothes. In the words of YSL, "Fashions fade; style is eternal." Let's remember this as we shed the hibernation wear and move into beautiful, girly, and pretty clothes for spring. Of course, I usually devour all the fashion magazines to decide what look I want for spring and this year I have decided to go with white. I have been focused on having white jeans, white t-shirts, white skirts, and one beautiful white dress, which I have yet to find. Whew! That's a lot of alliteration. To compliment the look for spring I plan to accessorize with what I deem "ghetto gold." This is large chunky gold accessories, such as necklaces, cuffs and large rings. I am thinking Marisa Berenson on the Greek Isles and Talitha Getty. You might ask yourself, "who are these people." For my fashionistas these were the true ladies of leisure in the 60s and 70s. I also plan to finish the look with scarves, a la Jackie Onassis in Santorini with Aristotle. What is your personal style for spring and summer? Makeup: A few of the top looks for spring are bold lips, strong blush, gold shadow and silver eyes. I know there are a few tricks I can pull off, but silver eyes aren't one. On my brown skin, silver eyes will makeup me look like Grace Jones and Iggy Pop's love child. Which I am most certainly not. I know I can pull of the gold shadow, but it takes a lighter hand. Plus, when you add more color to the pout a lighter shadow complements very well. I haven't found my perfect gold eyeshadow, I plan to look this weekend and will update accordingly.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So...did you find that gold e/s
    yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home