All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Thursday, April 27, 2006

MJ Continues to Make a Splash

MJ stands for Marc Jacobs if you were thinking someone else, shame on you. Well, Mr. Jacobs has added 3 new scents to his great perfume collection, Rain, Cotton and Grass. I am a fan of the original Marc Jacobs perfume which is influenced heavily by the scent of gardenia. So, I am sure these 3 Splashes, as they are so appropriately called will be a big hit. Since I love clean smells, I have ordered Cotton. I know it's funny, but the other two titles just don't make me feel all warm, fuzzy and pretty on the inside, so I'm going with my beauty gut instincts and picking cotton. It should be here next week. Also, the May InStyle, I so love this magazine, has the "50 Best Makeup Tips." If you don't want to buy it, just go to your local bookstore, turn to page 347 and voila, all yours. Also, in the magazine is a picture of the cutest raffia clutches in gorgeous sorbet colors from the Gap for only $19.50 (such a pretty price for something so adorable). As of today, they are not on the website, but I will keep checking back.

A few comments back someone asked what magazines I subscribe to. I hate to tell not because I don't want others to have the information, but because it is so many. I am so OCD that I made a monthly list to check off which ones I have read. Crazy, I know but I love to read, anything. So here goes:

  1. Black Enterprise
  2. Essence
  3. Money
  4. Vanity Fair
  5. In Style
  6. Food and Wine
  7. Town and Country
  8. InStyle
  9. Vogue
  10. Domino
  11. Newsweek (weekly, I must stay on my current events)
  12. Lucky
  13. Bazaar
  14. Travel and Leisure
  15. Town and Country Travel (quarterly)
  16. O at Home (quarterly)
  17. Yoga Journal (just started)

I used to subscribe to these, but stopped because I was getting to many and now I still buy them from the bookstore: W, Elle, Gourmet, O, Bon Appetit. I also try to read at least 2-3 books a month. I know it's crazy, but I can sit home an entire weekend and turn out 1-2 books if they are very good. I try not to keep a book longer than 2 weeks. After that I begin to get frustrated with myself and make myself finish it. My goal is to read more books every year. I don't read for anyone but myself and what I enjoy. My book list various for each book, sometimes I want to read very literary and thought provoking novels and other times I want to read a chick lit fun girly book.

I keep telling myself to cut the list down to 10, but I always think I will miss something. I know it's many of you out there who think the same thing.

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home