All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The French Idea of Pretty

In today's New York Times Style Section, (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/25/fashion/thursdaystyles/25skin.html), there is an article on how French women view makeup and what is considered pretty. I have visited Paris numerous times and I must say their skin is always fabulous because they focus on skincare more than makeup. The majority of their makeup lines do not have as many choices of color to choose from as here in America. I don't necessarily agree with the entire article, but I do find some points valid. I can appreciate a different perspective and wholeheartedly believe different views can be a great way of understanding what we deem as pretty. I hope you find it interesting. I did. When I head back to Paris for Thanksgiving, I hope to remember this article and maybe my beauty perspective will be a little more acute. I hope this blog makes everyone who visits feel pretty on the inside because that is what truly counts the most. Au Revoir P.S. I don't know how long the article will be available so please pass along to others.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love french and italian style. they always look so elegant and chic. however, i am having a hard time trying to find books where i can learn and copy these styles. Do you have any suggestions

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great article. A good friend of mine is from France and she really keeps her makeup to a minimum. She spends lots of cash on skincare though but. What she spends on skincare probably equals all the money we spend on shadows and blushes and so on. Thanks for the link :)

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how often do you go to Paris? i've been once and it just wasn't enough. would you do a post on your experiences there? thanks in advance.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Julia, I love reading your comments,as they keep me up with great beauty tips. Keep writing. I would love to travel with you to Paris. You are really off the chain, or whatever that saying is. Keep sending those good beauty tips. Let me know your ideas obout fresh veggies such as cucumbers and asparagus for facials. I also would like your ideas about hair growth. It seems the older I get, the more I lose my hair!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great article Julia!! I was last in Paris in 2001 (toooo long ago!!) and I agree, the women there are effortlessly beautiful and view beauty and what they feel is beautiful differently than Americans do.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger mewmewmew said…

    I love french and italian style. they always look so elegant and chic. however, i am having a hard time trying to find books where i can learn and copy these styles. Do you have any suggestions
    Uebersetzungsbuero Polnisch
    Wedding Cruises NY

     

Post a Comment

<< Home