All About The Pretty

A Southern Girl's Guide to All Things Beautimous

Friday, May 19, 2006

Thank Goodness for Recess

I remember when I was in elementary we had a recess period everyday. Of course, back then I couldn't wait to grow up and get a job. Now that I have a job, I realize that our recesses only happen on the weekends and not everyday. I have been working constantly for a month and I finally have two whole free weekends before it picks back up June 5. What to do, what to do? My first duty is to plow through The Dante Club which I have been reading for two weeks and for me this is way too long. Working 16 hours a day does not make a voracious reader, it makes a sleep deprived, yoga deprived, cooking deprived, wine deprived and beauty deprived lady. I keep thinking of the rap lyrics from way back: "Back in the day when I was young, I'm not kid anymore, but sometimes I sit and wish I was a kid again." So true. My cure started on yesterday when I was able to leave work while it was still daylight. I wanted something pretty to prepare me for the weekend. I walked to my downtown Hecht's and started my quick search. I passed all the beauty counters, Benefit, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC, and Lancome. I did a quick circle and there my new heart's desire. I bright pink and orange makeup bag at the MAC counter. I fell in love immediately. I had to have it. I looked around to see what I also wanted, how about a new Lip Gelee in Goldensoft, a beautiful shimmery gold gloss to go in the new bag. I can't wait until tomorrow when I head to Tyson's Corner for an All About The Pretty Day with Julia. I plan to do a little shopping, have lunch at Neimans, head to Bloomingdales, stop at the wine store and then head home to finally tackle all my May magazines. Recess is in session. Have a pretty weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoy your "All About the Pretty" Weekend, definitely one of the perks of being a grown up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home